Friday, May 17, 2013

TWO FOR THE ROAD (1967)

___________________________________________________________________________________



Tonight I'm going to watch Two for the Road (1967) starring Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney. It's about a young and gorgeous married couple who fall out of love but then - spoiler alert - fall back in love. I've watched a few terrible movies lately (Gangster Squad, Pain & Gain, a couple others I don't care to remember) and it has thoroughly depressed my film-loving self. Naturally I've returned to the classics to restore my faith. People don't pay enough attention to old things. You can learn a lot from them. I'm starting with old Audrey movies, then moving onto Marilyn and then having a Bond marathon. I love Roger Moore from The Persuaders, which I will blog about shortly, and am ashamed to admit that I've never watched him as Bond so I really must watch all the old ones. 

Here are some screenshots from Two for the Road. The fashion is simple, effortless, and gorgeous. As are the backdrops. Sigh. I need a European vacation. 











No comments:

Post a Comment