Friday, May 24, 2013

FRIDAY NIGHT FILM FEST

_________________________________________________________________________________________





















I'm in a movie kind of mood tonight, happy to settle down with a bath and a good film. These are my selections for tonight if you're in the mood for the same kind of thing. The Wackness was recommended by a friend today and looks interesting. Interestingly on IMDb it was compared to The Graduate, with Dustin Hoffman, which I blogged about a few days ago (it was incredible; so well composed). The Lives of Others, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Layer Cake and Snatch were all recommended by another friend today during a tennis match. He generally has very good taste in movies so naturally all of his recommendations look quite interesting, though Layer Cake stars Daniel Craig, who looks frighteningly similar to my father, so it's always a bit odd watching Bond movies or other Daniel Craig films. But it stars Tom Hardy and Sienna Miller as well so might give it a go. The Thomas Crown Affair - the 1968 version with Faye Dunaway and Steve McQueen - is one I've been meaning to watch forEVER because it looks to die for and gorgeously done. But I think I might go with the underdog, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, which I have just stumbled upon randomly. I adore Frances McDormand and anything set in London, and it looks quirky in the best way. She is a governess who is unfairly let go and winds up with the young rich and famous Amy Adams. I don't really know much else about it but the trailer looks enticing so I think that'll be the one for tonight. A bit lighter than the others. Happy watching! x

No comments:

Post a Comment